This article shows how to install managed Google Play applications to Android devices
- Enterprise Plan subscription or trial.
- Managed Google Play Enterprise has been configured.
- Miradore Online client 2.4.0 or newer installed on the devices.
- Devices are running Android 5.0 or newer.
- Managed Google Play applications have been added.
- Work profile has been enabled to the target Android devices or
- Devices has been provisioned as work managed devices with device owner mode.
Once these requirements are met, administrators can silently install managed Google Play applications to the Android devices' work profiles.
Navigate to Mobile management > Devices and select the devices where an application should be deployed. Then start the Deploy application action from the page action menu. Choose the application that should be installed and click on Next. Note! You can use a tag Profile owner as a filter in order to find devices where the work profile has been successfully enabled.
Confirm installation by clicking on the Deploy button
This adds the application installation command to the deployment queue and wakes up the device. When the device connects, the status of the deployment is changed to in progress. The Miradore Online server then connects to Google's EMM API, sending the installation command. When Google's installation command reaches the device installation starts silently. In normal conditions, this takes a couple of seconds.
When the installation is ready, it will show up on the device, the briefcase badge signifying that it is a managed app inside the work profile.
The device then reports to Miradore Online that the application has been successfully deployed.
Please send comments to [email protected].