Android Enterprise Solution, or simply Android Enterprise (previously known as Android for Work), provides additional management features and secure company container for your Android devices. This unifies Android enterprise management by removing device manufacturer differences and offers the same management features for all Android devices.
- Enterprise Plan subscription or trial.
- Miradore Online client 2.4.0 installed to the devices.
- Devices are running Android 5.0 or newer.
- Work managed device provisioning: Manage the entire device by installing Miradore Online client during initial setup of a new device or after a factory reset.
- Personal device provisioning: Create a secure container for work data and remotely manage the container. This separates private applications from the work applications.
- Approve managed Google Play applications and manage company licenses.
- Configure application settings and runtime permissions for the applications.
- Deploy approved applications silently to the devices.
- Create your own managed Google Play store and let users install approved company applications.
- Define and deploy restrictions to the devices.
- Deploy a separate passcode for the work profile (personal device provisioning).
If you're interested in managed Android Enterprise Solution, consider upgrading your site to the Enterprise Plan. See more in How to upgrade subscription for further information.
Android Enterprise Solution supports many enterprise use cases, but there are two general device deployment scenarios: personal devices and work managed devices.
Personal devices scenario allows employees to use personally owned Android devices to access corporate apps and data. These deployments use the profile owner mode of operation, in which the administrator sets up and manages a work profile on each employee device. The deployed work profile securely isolates work apps and data from personal apps and data. Miradore Online client operates as the profile owner of the work data and has limited control outside of the work profile. Work app icons are located in the same launcher as personal apps, but badged to make them easy to distinguish.
Work managed devices is a corporate-liable deployment scenario where the enterprise or company owns and fully controls employee work devices. These deployments use the device owner mode of operation, in which the entire device is managed by installing Miradore Online client during initial setup of a new device or after a factory reset.
You can follow these steps to start with managed Android Enterprise Solution:
- Enroll and configure your company as managed Google Play Enterprise in Miradore Online.
- Approve managed Google Play applications and update these applications to Miradore Online.
- Provision your personal devices for Android Enterprise: Enable work profile to Android devices or
- Provision your work managed devices for Android Enterprise: How to enroll work managed devices
- Configure application settings and runtime permissions if needed.
- Deploy applications silently to the work profile devices.
- Deploy a separate passcode for the work profile.
- Deploy work profile restrictions.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.