This article instructs how to add devices to Miradore Online one-by-one with a process known as device enrollment. Depending on the device platform and chosen device management type, there are some variation in the enrollment steps. This article considers the most common way to enroll devices to Miradore Online.
Before you start
The management of Apple devices requires the use of the Apple Push Notification service (APNs). To access the service, an installation of a company-specific certificate is required. Please see here on how to create an Apple Push Certificate.
It is recommended for iOS users to use the built-in Safari browser when enrolling their devices.
How to enroll a device to Miradore Online
The most straightforward method for enrolling a device is to use the device enrollment wizard that is available in the Enroll device view in Miradore Online.
1. At first, choose the platform of the device that you wish to add to Miradore Online and select the management type if needed.
2. Then, add the user of the device by entering user's email address.
3. In most of the enrollment cases, you may send the enrollment invitation to the user via email. You can also send the mobile device enrollment request to the user as a text message by enabling the Send enrollment by SMS checkbox and filling in the user's phone number.
When you click Send enrollment invitation, Miradore Online automatically generates unique one-time enrollment credentials and sends them to the user with instructions to follow. When the user enrolls his/her device, Miradore Online uses the enrollment credentials to validate the enrollment and to add the device to your Miradore Online site.
4. The enrollment credentials are shown to the administrator in the very last step of the enrollment wizard. In that case, the administrator can enroll the device by simply clicking the provided link and using the shown enrollment credentials to complete the enrollment.
5. You can track the status of all device enrollments on the Enrollment > Enrollment log page in Miradore Online. The Status column indicates the status of the enrollment. When the enrollment is completed, you can view the device by double-clicking on it in that view.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.