This article describes the steps required for enrolling an Android device to Miradore Online. To learn more about the device enrollment process, check out the device enrollment overview. Mass enrollment is described here.
Steps for enrolling an Android device
1. You can start the enrollment either from the Welcome page or by navigating to the Devices view or the Enrollments view and selecting Enroll device action. In the Enrollment wizard, open the dropdown menu to select the user whose device you want to enroll.
2. Choose the user from the dropdown list. If the user has not yet been added to Miradore Online, see step 2-1. Otherwise, you can proceed to step 3.
2-1. To add a user to Miradore Online, click Add from the bottom of the user list.
2-2. Fill in the user details and click the Add button.
3. After you have selected the user whose device is being enrolled, click Next.
4. Next, choose the device platform. Choose Android and click Next.
Note! The platform selection is only shown on the Welcome Page Enrollment wizard!
5. Next, modify the enrollment email that will be sent to the device user.
The Preview message button shows a preview of the enrollment email.
The Save as default button stores the edited message as the new default.
The Back to default button restores the default message, discards any changes you have made, and also erases any previously stored default message.
After you have made the necessary modifications to the enrollment message, click Next.
6. In this step, you can send the enrollment message additionally by SMS (text message). This requires you to enter the user's phone number if it is missing from user's details.
Note! You need to include a country code in the phone number.
7. In the last step, you can set an expiration time for the enrollment. The one-time enrollment credentials will not work after the enrollment expires. Click Send enrollment message.
8. To follow the status of enrollments, click the Enrollment link. Click Close to close the wizard. The Enrollment view shows the enrollment status as Queued.
On the device
9. The next steps need to be taken by the user on the device to complete the enrollment.
Open the enrollment message and tap Enroll now.
10. Use Chrome if you are presented with a choice of browsers. The enrollment link opens a web page which responds with a link to install Miradore Online client from Google Play.
11. From Google Play, tap INSTALL to install the Miradore Online client.
12. Accept the permissions required by the Miradore Online client by tapping ACCEPT.
13. After the Miradore Online client has been installed, open the client.
14. The Miradore Online client requires the device administration rights to function correctly. Tap Activate.
15. At this stage, the Miradore Online client is not yet configured. To configure the Miradore Online client, use the enrollment credentials provided in the enrollment email. Tap Enroll device.
17. The client is up and running. You may now close it.
On the Miradore Online management console
18. The enrollment is now complete. You can verify this from the Enrollments view in Miradore Online.
19. By double-clicking on the completed enrollment you can view details about the enrolled device. The enrolled device will also appear in the list of Devices under Mobile management in the navigation menu.
Please send comments to email@example.com.