This article explains how new locations can be added into Miradore Online in two ways: 1. Via the Locations view, and 2. through the Settings tab on the Device page. Both ways are described with pictures below.
How to add a new location through the Locations view
1. Navigate into the My company > Locations view in the Navigation menu. Next, click Add location from the Actions menu on the right.
After that, a wizard for adding a new location appears on top of the page.
2. Type in a name for the new location into the Location field, and use the Parent field to select a parent if you want to add the new location as a part of a location hierarchy. You can also leave the Parent field empty if you don't wish to add the new location into any hierarchy.
3. Finally, complete the wizard by clicking Add.
4. After that, a notification will appear and tell whether the new location was added successfully or not. If the process was successful, you may click Close to exit from the wizard.
How to add a new location through the device page
Another handy way to add a new location is to do it through the Location field in the device page settings.
1. The Location field can be found from the Settings tab of a device page. Switch the form into Edit mode, and open the drop down menu from the Location field.
2. Click + Add from the bottom of the window.
3. A wizard for adding a new location appears at the bottom of the Window. Use that to add a new location. Enter a name for the new location into the Location field, and use the Parent field to define a parent for the new location. You can also leave the Parent field empty if you don't wish to add the new location into a hierarchy. Complete the process by clicking Add.
If the process was successful, the new location appears into the list and is ready for use.
Please send comments to [email protected].