This page describes the steps required in order to start the use of the Miradore Online API. In short, the main steps are: the activation of the API and the generation of the required API authentication key.
Step-by-step guide to getting started with the API
1. Start by navigating into System > Infrastructure diagram in the Miradore Online's Navigation menu. In the infrastructure diagram, you should see a grey API icon indicating that the API has not yet been activated. Hover on the icon, and click the Activate button.
2. An action wizard for activating the API should appear on top of the page. In the first step of the wizard, read the acknowledgement and tick the checkbox. After that you can proceed by clicking Activate now.
3. The second screen of the wizard then informs you whether the activation was successful or not. You may then exit the wizard by clicking Close.
4. After successful activation, the icon of the API should turn to blue. Hover on the blue icon, and click Create key in order to generate an authentication key for the API. Miradore Online uses the authentication keys to authenticate the queries.
5. In the next step, you are asked to enter a name for the API authentication key. This is important especially if you are going to create multiple authentication keys to be used with different information systems, for example. Try to use descriptive names, which help you later to remind what the different keys are used for.
6. Next, you are asked to confirm the creation of the API key. Before you do that, it is important to write down or otherwise save the authentication key, because for security reasons, it cannot be seen from the user interface of Miradore Online afterwards. However, once you click Create key, the authentication key will be activated and sent to you by email as well.
7. Finally, you should see a notification telling whether the key was created successfully. Miradore Online has now sent the authentication key to your email address. In addition to the key, the email contains a few example queries that you may find helpful when starting to use the API.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.