This article describes how you can remotely deploy company files and resources to managed Android devices. Files are deployed silently to the device when it connects to the Miradore.
- Enterprise Plan subscription or trial
- File deployment is only supported for Android devices
- Miradore Online Client version 2.3.13 or newer
- Maximum file size 200 MB
- Connectivity to Miradore device management service
How to upload a new file
Files must be first uploaded to Miradore before they can be deployed to managed devices. You can do this at Management > Files and certificates where you can see files uploaded to your site. Click the blue Add button from the page toolbar to upload a new file.
The maximum file size is 200 MB.
The file name or the destination folder cannot contain any of the following characters: / ? : " * | \ < >
You can deploy multiple files as a compressed .zip file and get them automatically uncompressed at the device end by enabling the Extract archive option.
Defines the destination folder where the file is copied on the device when deployed. The destination folder is relative to the root folder of the shared external storage on the device. Any folder along the path that does not exist on the device is created. For example: /Miradore/Files/Configuration
Define a description for the file that helps your colleagues to identify the file in Miradore.
When you're done with the configuration, press Add file to upload the file and confirm file creation.
How to deploy an uploaded file
After you have successfully uploaded the desired file, you can start deploying it. There are numerous ways file deployments can be done in Miradore. In the following example we will use the files page.
1. Navigate to Management > Files and certificates where you can see the list of uploaded files.
2. Select the file(s) that you wish to deploy. Click the green Deploy button from the page toolbar. After that, you get to choose the devices to which the file(s) will be deployed to.
Select the desired devices and click Next.
3. Validate the deployment details and click Deploy to start.
4. In the last screen of the deployment wizard, you'll see a notification which tells you whether the deployment was successfully added to the deployment queue or not. You may exit the deployment wizard by clicking Close.
Administrators can monitor the status of the deployment, for example, by navigating to the Management > Action log page or by navigating to the device page and opening the Action log tab.
The list of completed deployments for a device can be seen from the File deployments table on the device page.
Please send comments to email@example.com.