This article describes how to remotely deploy files to managed devices. If you're interested in file management, consider upgrading your site to the Enterprise Plan. See more in How to upgrade subscription for further information. Currently only Android platform is supported.
With the file management, you can remotely deploy your company files and resources to managed Android devices. Files are deployed silently to the device when it connects to the Miradore Online server.
- Enterprise Plan subscription or trial.
- Miradore Online client version 2.3.13.
- Connectivity to the Miradore Online server.
How to upload a new file
Files must be uploaded to Miradore Online before they can be deployed to managed devices. Start by navigating to Mobile mangement > Files where you can see the current list of uploaded files. Start the Upload file action from the page action menu to upload a new file and define the file configuration:
Defines the uploaded file. Click Browse to upload the desired file. The maximum file size is 20MB.
Defines the destination folder where the file is copied on the device when deployed. The destination folder is relative to the root folder of the shared external storage on the device. Any folder along the path that does not exist on the device is created. For example: /Miradore/Files/Configuration
Define a description for the file that helps you to identify it in the Miradore Online console.
When you're done with the configuration, press Upload to upload the file and confirm file creation.
How to deploy an uploaded file
After you have successfully uploaded the desired file, you can start deploying it. There are numerous ways file deployments can be done in Miradore Online. In the following example we will use the files page.
1. Navigate to Mobile management > Files where you can see the list of current files.
2. Select the file that you wish to deploy. Click Deploy file from the page Actions menu. After that, a wizard for deploying the file opens on top of the window.
Select the desired devices and click Next.
3. Validate the deployment details and click Deploy to start.
4. In the last screen of the deployment wizard, you'll see a notification which tells you whether the deployment was successfully added to the deployment queue or not. You may exit the deployment wizard by clicking Close.
The administrator can monitor the status of the deployment, for example, by navigating to the Mobile management > Events page or by navigating to the device page and opening the Events tab.
The list of completed deployments for a device can be seen from the File deployments table on the device page.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.