macOS management support
This service update adds support for managing Apple devices running macOS 10.7 and above with Miradore Online. Below you can find more information about the supported features.
- Device enrollment methods:
- Send an enrollment request to a user from the Enroll device view.
- Send an enrollment request to multiple users from the Users view.
- Export the MDM profile from the Infrastructure diagram and install it on a macOS device to enroll the device.
- Use the Apple Business Manager's Device Enrollment Program to enroll devices automatically to Miradore Online during their initial setup.
- Device inventory
- Security actions:
- Configuration profiles:
- Usage restrictions
- VPN configuration
Changes to Android device identification and device merge action
Miradore Online now uses Android ID as primary device identification method when enrolling new Android devices. This change affects legacy device administrator devices, and to some extent work profile devices.
Work managed devices (device owner) are still identified using hardware identifiers such as IMEI, Wi-Fi hardware address and serial number.
The reason for this change is that we have had numerous issues with devices that cannot report any valid hardware identifiers for identification:
- Device doesn't have cellular radio and therefore doesn't have IMEI
- Devices running Android 6+ which are not work managed devices can't report their correct Wi-Fi hardware addresses.
- Some devices are configured incorrectly from the factory and share the same serial number - we ignore some serial numbers as invalid (00000000,0123456789, etc.)
Downside of this is the fact, that Android ID changes after device factory reset, and same devices can appear twice after wiping the device. Therefore we have created a merge device action that you can launch from the device page. By using this action you can merge two matching devices together and avoid duplicates.
Enforce site-wide two-factor authentication
Administrators can now enforce two-factor authentication for all users on the Miradore Online site through the Infrastructure diagram. When enabled, all users must configure the two-factor authentication before they can access the site.
- Added location history support. Administrators can use Miradore Online API to fetch location history from a single device. Also when expanding the map from the device page, administrators can define Start date and End date filters to show locations between defined time range.
- Fixed character encoding issues when sending SMS enrollments.
Please send comments to email@example.com.