What if you have a hybrid environment? When I created my profile I put in the one server host name we have that services both on premises mailbox and office 365 mailboxes, however it keeps failing when I add configure my email profile for an office 365 user. Do I need to have one profile for office 365 users and one profile for on premises users?
I received question about deploying Mail for Exchange configurations to devices. I will add my answer here, maybe it helps also others wondering the same thing.
First, a question: are you going to deploy personal or shared user accounts?
- a shared account can be configured directly to configuration profile settings
- for personal accounts is better to configure the user specific settings (email address, username, password, ...) to user page.
Configuring user specific settings to user page
- open Users view
- open one user page
- open tab Mail for Exchange accounts
- type in the settings, you can either use the built-in account (Mail for Exchange) or add a new one. Notice that adding an account adds it to all user pages, the setting fields are empty of course.
- configure the account settings for all the users who need their email account to be deployed to device.
Here is more information about user specific settings in configuration profiles: http://onlinesupport.miradore.com/hc/en-us/articles/200632501-How-to-use-user-specific-settings-with-configuration-profiles
Creating configuration profile for Microsoft Exchange
- on Configuration profiles view, create a new configuration profile. (Select device platform > Mail for Exchange)
- define the ActiveSync account, Synchronized content and Synchronization settings to match your email system settings
- tab User settings depends on the account type you are deploying.
- For shared account you can type in the account settings (username, password, ...) here.
- For personal accounts tick the box Use user-specific account settings and select the Mail for Exchange account from the list (select the account name created above).
- Name the configuration profile and save it.
For personal accounts the configuration profile is linked to the account settings on user page. When you deploy this profile to a device, the deployment reads the device user's page for the account information and configures the email on the device based on that. For example, thinking it would be your device, the deployment process reads the Mail for Exchange account details from your user page in Miradore Online and appends them to the mailbox configuration applied on the device.
I hope this helps. Please post comments below if there is a need to open up some part more closely.
Please sign in to leave a comment.
Yes, the email server host name is part of the configuration profile settings so you need to define separate configuration profiles, one for Office365 and one for onpremise email.
When speaking about shared mailbox, are you meaning Exchange Shared mailbox which can not be associated within a user account and password as access rights and delegation are assigned to users only such as a ressource mailbox or a user account on which you have gave specific users the delegation to manage the mailbox.
Two type are assigned:
- In the Miradore concept, I think you are only able to deploy
- UserMailbox type as shared and user specific mailbox which are all connected through Username account and Password.
- thanks for answers and debate on the SharedMailbox type is able to be deployed
Username (incoming mail): email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org